At MeetingPlace, we have the following principles when dealing with user data:
- We only collect and store required information for our software and services
- We DO NOT sell your information to third parties
- We can help you manage your information
What This Policy Covers
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better. Here is the information we collect for users of our services:
- Email Address: We can uniquely identify the user via their email address. We're provided this information by you, when you register for our services or enter your email address in order to be contacted later. Your email address can be optionally provided to organizers of groups that you join. You control which group(s) can see your email address.
- Group and RSVP Information: We record when you join a group, RSVP for events, and otherwise interact with the group pages. Some of this information is made available to the group organizers of groups that you belong to.
- User Supplied Information: Within MeetingPlace you have the option to supply other information such as member-to-member messages, pictures, comments, and more.
- Analytics Information: We make use of browser identifying analytics and services which help us track who is visiting our website and Service information pages.
How and Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services – for example: to set up and maintain your account, or provide personalized information within the Service itself.
- To further develop and improve our Services – for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them use our Services more effectively.
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition--for example, we may analyze how many individuals purchased a paid plan after receiving a marketing message or the features used by those who continue to use our Services after a certain length of time;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by MeetingPlace or keep you up to date on MeetingPlace and our products (which you can unsubscribe from at any time);
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations, target our marketing messages to groups of users (for example, those who have a particular plan with us or have been our user for a certain length of time), and serve relevant advertisements.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that: (1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under the applicable terms of service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account--for example, in order to enable access to our website on your device or charge you for a paid plan; or (2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or (3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or (4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information -- for example, to provide and update our Services; to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience; to safeguard our Services; to communicate with you; to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising; to understand our user retention and attrition; to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services; and to personalize your experience; or (5) You have given us your consent--for example before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyze them later on.
How We Share Information
We do not
sell our users’ private personal information.
Some information is made available to organizer(s) of group(s) to which you belong. You can control if the group organizer can see your email address, but cannot control if they see your group join date, RSVP information, or other group interaction information.
Information Shared Publicly
We do not make our users' email address publicly available.
If the group(s) to which you belong are public groups, your member information like Name and join date will be publicly viewable. Also, your RSVP history for those group(s) may be visible.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it--which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information--and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we keep the web server logs that record information about a visitor to one of our websites, such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, and operating system. We retain the logs for this period of time in order to, among other things, analyze traffic to our websites and investigate issues if something goes wrong on one of our websites.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the "GDPR"), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren't able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to How to Reach Us to find out how to reach us. EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
How to Reach Us